Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Next Steps (for Anita, circa 2010)

I can’t even remember
what brought it on,
except that we were both dying
in other relationships
and it all seemed so futile
and so overwhelming.

Then I leaned in
and kissed her,
took her hand
and placed it on
her heart and said
“This is to remind you
that you’re still alive.”

Ostensibly,
I was saying that
to her.

The next steps were
long and often
torturous,
but we finally came through
together

and now,
after I cap off this poem
we’ll celebrate the
eighth anniversary
of our wedding.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Mosk and Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this gave me goosebumps and tears in my eyes. I love a good love story. My best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, amazing Sir. And I bet you were saying “This is to remind you
    that you’re still alive.” to yourself also, yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete