Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Trust, Spittle, Dreams and Sweat

This unpredictable
and glorious collage
of blood-splattered memories,
semen-stained butcher paper,
tear-fueled promises,
depends so much
on spittle
and dreams,
and sweat.

When you finally
discover
the horrible truth
hiding behind this
smiling harlequin mask,
I hope I am long gone,

a memory
of ashes spread
unceremoniously
into the murky
blue-black sea,

too far gone
to retrieve.

May I be
past the point
of all redemption,

save for Jesus,
who I hope
keeps His promises

and saves me.

6 comments:

  1. Better start working on being a good boy right now...time is running out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must hold onto hope.. Beautifully evocative write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you have to do is to believe...I really like the first stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Takes a lot of energy to keep up that facade for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The times....sigh...hope the light comes!

    ReplyDelete