Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2017

I Am the Nostril Monster

I am
the Nostril Monster
and even though
I’ve a huge snout,
sharp, jagged teeth,
a mountainous girth,
and stink of
swamp water,
I still want,
no, need
love.

What I love most
are beautiful,
delicate flowers
with soft wisps
of fragrance,
and delicate petals
exuding all things
perfect and divine.

The problem is
because I am
the Nostril Monster,
my claws are rough,
and my grip
is crude,
my movement,
elephantine.

Mine is a
cruel fate:

everything I
try to love
I end up
unintentionally
destroying.

I am
The Nostril Monster
and I need love.

4 comments:

  1. What a marvelous, beautiful poem, Mosk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is actually a thesis statement of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem. Seriously, mad crazy love over this.

    Psst. I think we all feel this way. Like we mess it up somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would put this "poem" in the top 3 most honest things I ever wrote. Thanks.

      Delete